Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?

From: Joseph Myers
Date: Mon Nov 12 2018 - 13:10:00 EST

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, Greg KH wrote:

> If there are still problems with this, please let us know and we will be
> glad to resolve them.

With headers installed from Linus's latest tree, I retried (for x86_64)
the case of a source file containing the single line

#include <linux/elfcore.h>

which (as previously discussed, and Arnd had an RFC patch) I want to use
in a glibc test of header consistency. It gives errors "unknown type name
'elf_greg_t'" etc. (for lots more types as well) - but even before getting
onto those errors, there's

asm/signal.h:127:2: error: unknown type name 'size_t'

from a header included from linux/elfcore.h. So this doesn't seem to be
working as I'd expect yet.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx