Re: ODEBUG: Out of memory. ODEBUG disabled

From: Yang Shi
Date: Fri Nov 09 2018 - 17:02:04 EST

On 11/9/18 1:51 PM, Qian Cai wrote:

On Nov 9, 2018, at 4:42 PM, Yang Shi <yang.shi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/9/18 1:36 PM, Qian Cai wrote:
It is a bit annoying on this aarch64 server with 64 CPUs that is
booting the latest mainline (3541833fd1f2) causes object debugging
always running out of memory.
May you please paste the detail failure log?
I assume you mean dmesg.

Here is the dmesg for 64 CPUs,
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/BnhvXXhn7k/

I don't see the oom message, it looks it boots up successfully with 64 CPUs.

I have to boot the kernel with only 16 CPUs instead (nr_cpus=16)
to make it work. Is it expected that object debugging is not going
to work with large machines?
I don't think so. I'm supposed it works well with large CPU number on x86.
Here is the one with nr_cpus workaround,
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/qMpd2CCPSV/