Re: [GIT PULL] IDA/IDR fixes for 4.19

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Thu Oct 18 2018 - 02:26:42 EST

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 10:16:08AM -0700, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > > git://git.infradead.org/users/willy/linux-dax.git ida-fixes-4.19-rc8
> >
> > How about you at least test these in linux-next? Putting things on top
> > of the most recent change is a huge tip-off that this branch got no
> > testing :(
>
> One of the two changes is a comment line in a doc file.
> The other has been tested by 0day (which originally reported the issue).
>
> I don't see how spending time in linux-next is going to achieve anything.

Especialy if we miss 4.19 final with that. The documentation patch
avoids the probem of CC-BY-SA-4.0 including larger amounts of GPL files
in the output document, so we should have this before the release for
sure, and the other is just a test that isn't even in a normal kernel
build.

Also after idr.rst is removed we should include something like this:

---