Re: POSIX violation by writeback error

From: Rogier Wolff
Date: Tue Sep 25 2018 - 12:17:35 EST

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 11:46:27AM -0400, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> (Especially since you can get most of the functionality by
> using some naming convention for files that in the process of being
> written, and then teach some program that is regularly scanning the
> entire file system, such as updatedb(2) to nuke the files from a cron
> job. It won't be as efficient, but it would be much easier to
> implement.)

It is MUCH easier to have a per-application cleanup job. You can run
that at boot-time.

#/etc/init.d/myname startup script
rm /var/run/myname/unfinished.*

Simple things should be kept simple.

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
** Delftechpark 26 2628 XH Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233 **