RE: Affinity managed interrupts vs non-managed interrupts

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Wed Sep 05 2018 - 06:38:42 EST

On Wed, 5 Sep 2018, Kashyap Desai wrote:
> > Shall we also spread the managed interrupts on allocation?
>
> I tried your proposed patch. Using patch, It is not assigning effective irq
> to CPU = 0 , but it pick *one* cpu from 0-71 range.
> Eventually, effective cpu is always *one* logical cpu. Behavior is
> different, but impact is still same.

Oh well. This was not intended to magically provide the solution you want
to have. It merily changed the behaviour of the managed interrupt
selection, which is a valid thing to do independent of the stuff you want
to see.

As I said that needs more thought and I really can't tell when I have a
time slot to look at that.

Thanks,

tglx