Re: Query on skip_onerr field in struct cpuhp_step

From: Mukesh Ojha
Date: Tue Aug 21 2018 - 10:40:54 EST

On 8/21/2018 7:27 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2018, Mukesh Ojha wrote:
Hi All,

This is about one of field in struct cpuhp_step

* @skip_onerr: Do not invoke the functions on error rollback
Â*ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Will go away once the notifiers are gone
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ boolÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ skip_onerr;

Why this field was introduced, can anyone explain the history behind ? As i
don't see it being set from anywhere

If it is specifically was dependent on notifiers, did we missed to remove it
as the notifiers are gone or the usecase still there?
As the comment says....

Thanks for your reply
Sorry, for further question but i did not get the comment ..did you mean, we can remove this from the structure as notifier are
not their now. ?

Also if you are aware with the history, can you tell , why would i want to avoid a call in undo_cpu_up path?

Thanks,
Mukesh