Re: AArch64 boot failure on Hikey960 on latest master after "arm64: insn: Don't fallback on nosync path for general insn patching"

From: Tuomas Tynkkynen
Date: Thu Aug 16 2018 - 14:37:29 EST

Hi,

On 08/16/2018 08:57 PM, John Stultz wrote:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 3:22 AM, Will Deacon <will.deacon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Tuomas, [+John]

Out of interest -- do you know if Hikey960 is used by any boot-testing
farms? The patch above has been in linux-next for ages, but we didn't see
any complaints until it hit mainline :(

Unfortunately not yet. HiKey960 upstreaming is ongoing, and the UFS
support patches should land in the 4.19 merge window.
After which, it will enable more mainline testing as folks won't have
to carry patches just to get the system to boot.

A microSD rootfs gets me a working system on e.g. v4.17... except that
even there the system hangs if I don't have 'clk_ignore_unused' on
the kernel command line. I wonder if this is a known problem?

- Tuomas