Re: framebuffer corruption due to overlapping stp instructions on arm64

From: Catalin Marinas
Date: Wed Aug 08 2018 - 07:39:36 EST

On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 01:09:02PM -0400, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
> while (1) {
> start = (unsigned)random() % (LEN + 1);
> end = (unsigned)random() % (LEN + 1);
> if (start > end)
> continue;
> for (i = start; i < end; i++)
> data[i] = val++;
> memcpy(map + start, data + start, end - start);
> if (memcmp(map, data, LEN)) {

It may be worth trying to do a memcmp(map+start, data+start, end-start)
here to see whether the hazard logic fails when the writes are unaligned
but the reads are not.

This problem may as well appear if you do byte writes and read longs
back (and I consider this a hardware problem on this specific board).

--
Catalin