Re: [RFC net-next 00/15] net: A socket API for LoRa

From: Andreas FÃrber
Date: Sun Aug 05 2018 - 09:49:51 EST

Hi Ben and Jian-Hong,

[- SPI - devicetree]

Am 18.07.2018 um 13:28 schrieb Ben Whitten:
>> Meanwhile my attempt to play with netlink during SUSE
>> Hackweek has been
>> going slow and I could use some guidance or a volunteer to
>> contribute: I
>> have a bare skeleton of registration, commands, attributes
>> and multicast
>> groups, but no plan yet how to connect that to the actual
>> drivers to
>> query or apply the settings...
>
> Happy to help, I will be starting from zero on netlink but I can contribute my existing work incorporating Marks comments for sx1301 etal.

I've figured out a way to retrieve a frequency value via netlink:
By passing the lora0 ifindex in as attribute, nllora can look up the
net_device by index, and then via struct lora_dev_priv call into hooks
that the device drivers can optionally implement. :)

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/afaerber/linux-lora.git/tree/net/lora/netlink.c?h=lora-next

Tested with HIMO-01M module.
The command might need an additional channel attribute for SX130x.

The corresponding nltest program (using libnl-genl) is here:
https://github.com/afaerber/lora-modules/blob/master/nltest.c

Cheers,
Andreas

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 NÃrnberg, Germany
GF: Felix ImendÃrffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton