Re: [GIT PULL] fscache and cachefiles fixes

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jul 25 2018 - 14:23:19 EST

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 11:18 AM David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Why do they have commit times literally *minutes* before your email to
> > ask me to pull?
>
> I split the first patch into two because it had two more-or-less independent
> changes and it made it easier to describe them separately.

This didn't explain the background before that happened.

I really want the warm and fuzzies about things, and when I see
something being changed just minutes before, something like

"I did a rebase becasue XYZ, but this was around in linux-next for a
week before that without problems"

tells me not only why the times are so recent, but also tells me that
I really shouldn't worry because so-and-so.

Linus