Re: no public email address excluding Gmail

From: Theodore Y. Ts'o
Date: Wed Jul 25 2018 - 13:43:58 EST

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 03:25:07PM +0800, åå wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> I notice each developer in this email list has a company email address
> or Gmail, or maybe selfhosted email.
>
> last night I have tried my outlook.com, yahoo.com, QQ.com email, all
> of them are rejected by mechine.

There are a number of reasons why e-mail to the mailing list might
have gotten rejected by the mailer. The most common reason is if you
forgot to disable HTML --- the vger mailer requires text-only e-mails,
since the use of HTML mail is most commonly SPAM.

You may want to take a look at some of these web pages:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/email-clients.html#email-clients

Good luck!

- Ted