Re: [patch 0/7] x86/kvmclock: Remove memblock dependency and further cleanups

From: Pavel Tatashin
Date: Wed Jul 11 2018 - 22:13:14 EST

> So this still will have some overhead when kvmclock is not in use, but
> bringing it down to zero would be a massive trainwreck and even more
> indirections.

Hi Thomas,

In my opinion, having kvmclock page in __initdata for boot cpu, and
setup it in init_hypervisor_platform(). Later, switch to memblock
allocated memory in x86_init.hyper.guest_late_init() for all CPUs
would not be too bad, and might be even use fewer lines of code. In
addition, it won't have any overhead when kvm is not used.

Pavel