Re: [GIT PULL] dma-mapping file renames for Linux 4.18

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jun 19 2018 - 18:53:19 EST

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 1:44 PM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> below is a rename of the assorted dma-mapping files to that they live
> under kernel/dma and lose their dma-* prefixes. If there is any time
> to do this it is right after -rc1, so let me know if this is something
> you'd take.

I iwas going to take it, but then I noticed that it's an unsigned tag
from a random site.

Yeah, yeah, I have pulled such things in the past, but I'm really
trying to convince people to use signed tags.

I prefer signed tags even on kernel.org, where I know the security is
tight. On other sites, I really want that warm fuzzy feeling of
knowing that yeah, you actually put that code there.

Linus