[RFC v2 0/1] Emacs-like isearch for mconf.

From: Dirk Gouders
Date: Thu Jun 07 2018 - 09:56:12 EST

*** BLURB HERE ***

Hello,

this is v2 of the isearch implementation, I also added Documentation changes which
probably have to be split, because the older symbol-search also was undokumented in
mconf (I basically copied the relevant documentation from Documentation/kbuild/kconfig.txt.

I could not completely let off CTRL-s but am certainly fine with get rid of it and
stay with just one special key (e.g. \) to start isearch.

Changes since v1:

* Additionally to CTRL-s, \ can be used to start isearch.

* Raw mode is off by default an can be enabled by an environment
variable MENUCONFIG_RAW_MODE.

* I also added a variable for toggling raw mode but did not implement
anything else.

* The isearch indicator is now displayed as soon as isearch is
started.

* Any key except \, CTRL-s, alphanumeric characters and space
terminates isearch and -- except ESC ESC -- is further processed,
e.g. ENTER terminates isearch and is then used to navigate into a
submenu.

* Problems with mismatches and matches above the current position were
fixed.

Dirk

Documentation/kbuild/kconfig.txt | 18 +++-
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/dialog.h | 6 ++
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.c | 173 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.c | 14 +++
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c | 48 +++++++++-

2.16.4