Re: [RFC] rcu: Check the range of jiffies_till_xxx_fqs on setting them

From: Byungchul Park
Date: Thu May 31 2018 - 21:42:19 EST

On 2018-05-29 21:01, Paul E. McKenney wrote:

One approach would be to embed the kernel_params_ops structure inside
another structure containing the limits, then just have two structures.
Perhaps something like this already exists? I don't see it right off,
but then again, I am not exactly an expert on module_param.

Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. There might be no way to verify
range of a variable except the way I did. Could you give your opinion
about whether I should go on it?

Like..

This looks reasonable to me. Although you could make something that took
ranges, that would be more code than what you have below, so what you

Exactly.

have below is good. Could you please resend as a patch with Signed-off-by
and commit log?

Sure, I will. Thanks a lot Paul.

--
Thanks,