RE: Makefile:636: arch/score/Makefile: No such file or directory

From: Palmer Dabbelt
Date: Fri Apr 27 2018 - 16:08:31 EST

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 18:00:25 PDT (-0700), philip.li@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Please stop trying to build the removed architectures: tile, blackfin,
>metag, m32r, frv, mn10300, cris and score.
>
>https://lwn.net/Articles/748074/ has details about why this broke.

Sorry about that! It looks the architectures removal is not thorough
enough. Hao, would you help take a look?
sure, we will handle this.

>Note that we do have a few new architectures that you may want
>to add if you haven't done this already: nds32 and riscv were added
>this year, and a couple of older architectures that didn't have upstream
>gcc releases now have those, and I uploaded gcc binaries to
>https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/.
>
>This should allow building everything we have in the kernel now.
>Unfortunately the nds32 toolchain I uploaded is a little incomplete,
>but I have a gcc-6.4 build that (mostly) works and gcc-8 should
>be fine as well once it gets released.

OK, thanks for the tips! Philip may help plan add the 2 new archs
nds32 and riscv.
thanks for info, we will add new archs support in near future.

Thanks! If you have any RISC-V questions feel free to ping me, but it should be pretty straight-forward as I think my trees are already in the system and our upstream toolchain works for Linux.