Re: [GIT PULL] x86/build changes for v4.17

From: Matthias Kaehlcke
Date: Wed Apr 04 2018 - 18:17:54 EST

El Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 02:59:09PM -0700 Linus Torvalds ha dit:

> On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Matthias Kaehlcke <mka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I understand this is annoying, but it seems I'm missing something:
>
> I think you're looking at !AEABI case.
>
> The AEABI case is worse. It ends up getting the code from
> include/asm-generic/div64.h after defining a few helper inline asm
> functions.
>
> It's probably best if you start taking some recreational drugs
> _before_ looking at that code. It might make you go "Ooh, kewl!"
> instead of trying to dig out your eyeballs with a rusty spoon.

Thanks, though I really should have followed your advice ...

Getting our compiler team high to look into this might affect a timely
(and correct ...) implementation of asm-goto and others important
features. Arnd, do you have another, preferably simple instance to
keep our compiler folks (halfway) sane?