Re: usercopy whitelist woe in scsi_sense_cache

From: Douglas Gilbert
Date: Wed Apr 04 2018 - 16:47:22 EST

On 2018-04-04 04:32 PM, Kees Cook wrote:
On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 12:07 PM, Oleksandr Natalenko
<oleksandr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[ 261.262135] Bad or missing usercopy whitelist? Kernel memory exposure
attempt detected from SLUB object 'scsi_sense_cache' (offset 94, size 22)!
I can easily reproduce it with a qemu VM and 2 virtual SCSI disks by calling
smartctl in a loop and doing some usual background I/O. The warning is
triggered within 3 minutes or so (not instantly).

Also:

Can you send me your .config? What SCSI drivers are you using in the
VM and on the real server?

Are you able to see what ioctl()s smartctl is issuing? I'll try to
reproduce this on my end...

smartctl -r scsiioctl,3 ....