ALPS Trackpoint & pressure

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Sun Feb 04 2018 - 10:08:55 EST

Hi! Now playing again with trackpoint connected to ALPS rushmore
touchpad and I'm seeking a nice feature. Via ALPS PS/2 protocol it
reports pressure of trackpoint. Parser for it is already implemented in
alps.c and value is assigned to variable "z". When I just move
trackpoint z is zero, when I push trackpoint while moving, then z is
number higher, maximally 32. Variable "z" is set, but unused.

Do we have some input interface which can be used to report this
pressure of trackpoint to userspace? I can use this feature e.g. as
additional button...

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx