Re: Is the hisilicon tree maintained ?

From: Wei Xu
Date: Fri Feb 02 2018 - 09:46:05 EST

Hi Daniel,

On 2018/2/2 14:29, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 02/02/2018 15:04, Wei Xu wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,

>>> What is the other repo with development branches you mentioned above ?
>>
>> Sorry, they are private repos in the github hisilicon and are for the SoC
>> enablement like hip06, hip07 and so on.
>> But if you can share what kind of information you want, I can create a
>> public branch in the hisilicon/linux-hisi repo if I have those.
>
> Actually I was expecting to see an up-to-date branch I can rely on to
> base my patches.

As a arm sub SoC maintainer, the patches come to me mainly are related with
dts, defconfig, arch/arm/hisilicon and drivers/platform.
Generally you can based your patches on rc1 and there is very few case your
patches will be conflicted with others.

> Apparently there is very few dev on this tree. Why not change the tree
> to arm-soc in the MAINTAINERS file ?

Yes, no much development on this tree.
But it is still benefit for hisilicon and the community.
And other silicon vendors also do like this.

Best Regards,
Wei