Re: [RFC 04/10] x86/mm: Only flush indirect branches when switching into non dumpable process

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Mon Jan 22 2018 - 05:24:13 EST

On Mon, 2018-01-22 at 11:19 +0100, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> Right, so if its v2/retpoline only, we really should do this asap and
> then rebuild world on distros (or arch/gentoo people could read a book
> or something).

By the time we manage to rebuild all the distros, I *seriously* hope
that someone would be shipping a fixed CPU.

And not just the half-way-there IBRS_ALL bit that still requires the
IBPB flushing on context switches that's discussed in this patch, but
an *actual* fix so we can forget about it all and go drinking.