Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the drm-misc-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Thu Jan 18 2018 - 18:18:02 EST

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 22:18:48 +0100 Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That would be me.
> I've historically only added my signed-off-by:s on commits I've (co-)
> authored myself, as the committer info is already registered,
>
> But I take it that's not the correct approach?

Please read "Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1" in
Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst. Basically, if you handle
the patch on its way to Linus (e.g. commit it to a branch of a git tree
that Linus (or someone else along the path) merges) then you need to
add a Signed-off-by tag.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell