Re: Suspend/resume with FTRACE enabled doesnât work anymore

From: Paul Menzel
Date: Thu Jan 18 2018 - 04:33:17 EST

Dear Steven,

On 01/17/18 17:25, Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:19:43 -0500
Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:10:31 -0500
Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's been fixed, and the the patch is in Linus's tree already:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=a0e3a18f4baf8e3754ac1e56f0ade924d0c0c721

Although I just noticed that the revert, also reverted the required
barriers. I'll go add them back in.

I take that back. Barriers are not needed, as interrupts do not need to
see the updates. And looking at the patch being reverted, I don't think
they were needed there either. The update to those bits only need to be
done for the current context to prevent recursion at that context. And
that was the case with the commit that was reverted.

The problem is indeed fixed in latest Linusâ master with commit a0e3a18f (ring-buffer: Bring back context level recursive checks). Thank you.

Kind regards,

Paul