Re: Regression with a0747a859ef6 ("bdi: add error handle for bdi_debug_register")

From: Bruno Wolff III
Date: Thu Dec 14 2017 - 20:47:30 EST

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 09:22:21 +0800,
weiping zhang <zwp10758@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks your testing, but I cann't find WARN_ON in device_add_disk from
this boot1.log, could you help reproduce that issue? And does this issue can be
triggered at every bootup ?

I don't know what you need for the first question. When I am physically at the machine I can do test reboots. If you have something specific you want me to try I should be able to.

Every time I boot with the problem commit, the boot never completes. However it does seem to get pretty far. I get multiple register dumps every time. After a while (a few minutes) I reboot to a wrking kernel.

The output I included is from: journalctl -k -b -1
If you think it would be better to see more than dmesg output let me know.