Re: TC: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in tc_bus_add_devices()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Mon Dec 11 2017 - 03:15:55 EST

>> Omit an extra message for a memory allocation failure in this function.
>>
>> This issue was detected by using the Coccinelle software.
>
> And the problem here is?

I suggest to reconsider the relevance of another error message.
Would you like to achieve a better explanation for this use case?

* Do you find the wording âWARNING: Possible unnecessary 'out of memory' messageâ
from the script âcheckpatch.plâ more appropriate?

* Can a default Linux allocation failure report be sufficient?

Regards,
Markus