[RFC 0/2] of: Add whitelist

From: Alan Tull
Date: Mon Nov 27 2017 - 16:01:30 EST

Here's a proposal for a whitelist to lock down the dynamic device tree.

For an overlay to be accepted, all of its targets are required to be
on a target node whitelist.

Currently the only way I have to get on the whitelist is calling a
function to add a node. That works for fpga regions, but I think
other uses will need a way of having adding specific nodes from the
base device tree, such as by adding a property like 'allow-overlay;'
or 'allow-overlay = "okay";' If that is acceptable, I could use some
advice on where that particular code should go.

Alan

Alan Tull (2):
of: overlay: add whitelist
fpga: of region: add of-fpga-region to whitelist

drivers/fpga/of-fpga-region.c | 9 ++++++
include/linux/of.h | 12 +++++++
3 files changed, 94 insertions(+)

--
2.7.4