Re: [Regression/XFS/PM] Freeze tasks failed in xfsaild

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Wed Nov 15 2017 - 13:01:50 EST

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:40:43AM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 12:07:30 AM CET Dave Chinner wrote:
> Can we stop here and be constructive going forward, please?

Then let's stop this nonsense and get to work.

> > > So what do you think should be done, specifically?
> >
> > Luis posted an initial version of those "use fs freeze" changes
> > recently, so Work with Luis to get those changes into the kernel.
>
> This isn't the first version as per the above and sorry, but without
> help from fs people this is going to end the same way as before and
> I sort of doubt that "working with Luis" alone is going to be sufficient.
>
> We need the fs people to actually help us, pretty much like back in 2011.

Rafael, AFAICT the only outstanding issue with the patches I posted were
the last two patches. I haven't had time to re-test my patches without the
last patch, but if Chinner was right, and I suspect he was, then the last patch
is what implicated the need for the ext patch, which we don't want. So dropping
the last two patches I think would be a good starting point.

I hope to have time to re-test this week, if you feel compelled to help,
you can also help test the patches except for the last two. Then if you
want to help further, helping iron out the kinks on the last patch would
be much appreciated.

Luis