Re: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 4.15-rc1

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed Nov 15 2017 - 06:38:08 EST

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 08:34:09AM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> And I believe there are a few more possible cleanups / fixes in the
> messy Intel ASoC Kconfigs. For example, SND_SOC_INTEL_SST is almost
> always set. The only exception is via SND_SST_ATOM_HIFI2_PLATFORM.
> But all machine drivers using Atom Hifi2 do set SND_SST_IPC_ACPI,
> which also requires SND_SOC_INTEL_SST.

I'm not 100% convinced that the recent changes away from just having the
only user selectable options be the board ones have really helped that
much. Though transitioning back would probably just create more misery.
It's a real shame that ACPI doesn't have standards for the machine
descriptions here like DT does, it'd cut down on the amount of stuff
that needs configuring.