Re: [v4.14-rc8 ghes_copy_tofrom_phys] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at lib/ioremap.c:165

From: Fengguang Wu
Date: Mon Nov 06 2017 - 18:20:27 EST

On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 02:57:20PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can see that in RC8, too:

James Morse posted a new version of his series to fix this, and it's
gotten a few tests, but not a lot. Since you clearly have GHES support
on at least some of your machines, it might be worth adding that
series from James to 0day testing.

Sure. I'll test Rafael's git tree including James' patches.

I can see the GHES warnings in a number of 0day machines:

- ivb44: Ivytown Ivy Bridge-EP, E5-2697 v2

HW details can be found in
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wfg/lkp-tests.git/tree/hosts/ivb44

- lkp-bdw-ep6: Broadwell-EP, E5-2699 v4
- lkp-bdw-ex2: Broadwell-EX, E7-8890 v4