Re: possible deadlock in __synchronize_srcu

From: Dmitry Vyukov
Date: Wed Nov 01 2017 - 12:17:10 EST

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/31/2017 02:20 PM, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 3:54 PM, syzbot
>> <bot+b8ff4d5c3fa77f2e2f0f9be34e6b2795ffc3c65e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> syzkaller hit the following crash on
>>> 9506597de2cde02d48c11d5c250250b9143f59f7
>
> That's next-20170824. Why test/report such old next trees now?

That's just a side effect of the fact that we started testing and
collecting crashes before we had all infrastructure to pipe bugs to
kernel mailing lists. So we ended up with a bug jam and now trying to
drain it. Some of the old bugs indeed ended up being fixed meanwhile.
But we reported the ones that are still relevant. Once we drain the
jam, we will start reporting fresh bugs. We are always testing the
latest revisions.