Re: [ghes_copy_tofrom_phys] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at mm/page_alloc.c:4150

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Oct 30 2017 - 10:06:14 EST

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 10:01:52AM -0400, Tyler Baicar wrote:
> This is not as important for polling sources as it is for the
> interrupt sources since polling sources are regularly checked and
> shouldn't be used for fatal error scenarios. For interrupt driven
> sources, there could already be a fatal error pending, so we should
> handle it immediately.

Whatever it is, you can't call it there as it could deadlock. You need
to think about doing that differently. If you can't come up with a
solution quickly, it should be reverted and then you can try again
later.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix ImendÃrffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG NÃrnberg)