Re: more build problems with "Makefile: move stackprotector availability out of Kconfig"

From: Kees Cook
Date: Wed Oct 18 2017 - 22:19:25 EST

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 5:41 PM, Masahiro Yamada
<yamada.masahiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Kees,

>> On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Andrew Morton
>> <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Sure. All these?
>>>
>>> sh-boot-add-static-stack-protector-to-pre-kernel.patch
>>> makefile-move-stackprotector-availability-out-of-kconfig.patch
>>
>> This one can stay. (It does actually fix another case no one else noticed.)
>>
>>> makefile-introduce-config_cc_stackprotector_auto.patch
>>> makefile-introduce-config_cc_stackprotector_auto-fix.patch
>>> makefile-introduce-config_cc_stackprotector_auto-fix-2.patch
>>> makefile-introduce-config_cc_stackprotector_auto-fix-3.patch
>>
>> Yes, these should get dropped for the moment, thanks. Arnd and I have
>> been trying to get to the bottom of it.
>>
>> -Kees
>

> I see this series is repeating apply/drop,
> so I am not tracking down the latest status.

They're currently dropped from -next while I figure out what's
breaking 0-day (I haven't had a chance to track it down yet).

> When you have a chance for re-spin,
> please replace
>
> KBUILD_CFLAGS += -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR
> KBUILD_AFLAGS += -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR
>
> with
>
> KBUILD_CPPFLAGS += -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR

Ah! Sure. For some reason I thought CPPFLAGS weren't include in .S builds.

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Pixel Security