Re: Regression in linux-next

From: Petri Latvala
Date: Mon Oct 16 2017 - 09:10:19 EST

On 10/16/2017 03:54 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2017, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2017, Petri Latvala wrote:
That should dump the trace buffer when the bug hits. I try to reproduce
myself.
With those:

# rtcwake -s 15 -m mem

[   67.069522] kernel BUG at arch/x86/kernel/apic/vector.c:154!
[   67.075509] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
[   67.080481] Dumping ftrace buffer:
Hrm. I completely forgot that this does not dump the buffers of offline
CPUs. So half of the information is missing. So forget the tracer for now.

Can you please apply the debug patch below and provide the full dmesg
output?

Its going to be too big for LKML so either upload it somewhere or send it
to me in private mail.

Note, I removed the BUG_ON, so box might survive suspend/resume but it
should trigger that printout.
Forgot to add the counterpart to the clear side. Updated patch below.

http://paste.debian.net/991048/

--
Petri Latvala