Re: [v10 3/6] mm, oom: cgroup-aware OOM killer

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Fri Oct 06 2017 - 01:43:36 EST

On Thu 05-10-17 15:02:18, David Rientjes wrote:
[...]
> I would need to add patches to add the "evaluate as a whole but do not
> kill all" knob and a knob for "oom priority" so that userspace has the
> same influence over a cgroup based comparison that it does with a process
> based comparison to meet business goals.

I do not think 2 knobs would be really necessary for your usecase. If we
allow priorities on non-leaf memcgs then a non 0 priority on such a
memcg would mean that we have to check the cumulative consumption. You
can safely use kill all knob on top of that if you need.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs