Re: [GIT PULL] Security subsystem updates for 4.14

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Sun Sep 10 2017 - 04:11:46 EST

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 10:25:53AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I don't think anybody actually tests linux-next kernels in any big
> way, and the automated tests that do get run probably don't run with
> any integrity checking enabled.

Well, for the atual IMA deadlock issue I asked Mimi to produce automated
tests and we get started on it. I was pretty pissed about the
assumptions IMA made on the fs, whch weren't documented or automatically
tested - coming from the XFS background where we want all our features
to run through automated tests that was just not how I'd expect thing
to work.

But now as part of that I messed up the other caller of it, so I
shouldn't complain too loud..

That being said - I really hink the certificate loading should not
even go thorught this whole call path, but use our common helper to
load a file into a buffer. Something like the patch below, I'm just
not sure if the last policy argument is what people want or if we'd need
to add a new policy type for certificates.

---