Re: [v6 04/15] mm: discard memblock data later

From: Pasha Tatashin
Date: Mon Aug 14 2017 - 09:40:36 EST

#ifdef CONFIG_MEMBLOCK in page_alloc, or define memblock_discard() stubs in
nobootmem headfile.

This is the standard way to do this. And it is usually preferred to
proliferate ifdefs in the code.

Hi Michal,

As you suggested, I sent-out this patch separately. If you feel strongly, that this should be updated to have stubs for platforms that do not implement memblock, please send a reply to that e-mail, so those who do not follow this tread will see it. Otherwise, I can leave it as is, page_alloc file already has a number memblock related ifdefs all of which can be cleaned out once every platform implements it (is it even achievable?)

Thank you,
Pasha