Re: Suspend-resume failure on Intel Eagle Lake Core2Duo

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Thu Jul 27 2017 - 15:42:59 EST

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Tomi Sarvela wrote:

> On 27/07/17 10:42, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes. Reverting it does not cause the machine to lock up on resume.
> > >
> > > I haven't tested if the machine locks up later on, but at least it
> > > survives
> > > couple of s/r cycles.
> >
> > Can you please try to add 'nohpet' to the kernel command line?
>
> Option nohpet didn't change anything, still hangs on s/r.

Ok. Was a shot in the dark. I tried on a similar machine, but that one
resumes fine (except that the AHCI controller plays silly buggers, but
nothing interrupt related). I might have access to another core2duo machine
tomorrow.

I'll send you a debug patch shortly, but can you please first check when
the wreckage happens by testing the states in

/sys/power/pm_test

freezer
devices
platform
processors
core

That might give some first hint to narrow down the issue.

Debug patch follows soon.

Thanks,

tglx