Re: Suspend-resume failure on Intel Eagle Lake Core2Duo

From: Martin Peres
Date: Wed Jul 26 2017 - 09:47:57 EST

On 25/07/17 10:01, Tomi Sarvela wrote:
On 24/07/17 19:37, Martin Peres wrote:
On 24/07/17 19:35, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017, Martin Peres wrote:
On 24/07/17 18:28, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
Output of 'cat /proc/interrupts' and a description what kind of 'old' Intel
platform that is.

Sorry, I should have repeated the name outside of just the subject of the
email. It is an Intel Eagle Lake Core2Duo.

I hoped you would give me a little bit more details, but I Gurgled it
now. I try to find such a beast and look what's wrong there. If I can't
find one, I'll come back with some debug patches.

Ha, sorry!

Here is all the info I have:
- Hardware: HP Compaq 8000
- CPU: Eagle Lake Core2Duo E7500

As mentioned, it's HP Compaq 8000 Elite, desktop tower in most basic configuration: one SATA SSD, 4GB memory and so on. Most recent BIOS from around 2012, no UEFI.

If you have proposed fix for the issue, I'll be happy to test them.

Best regards,

Thanks for the information Tomi.

Thomas, any update on this? Another user reported the problem:

"I have the same thing on an old cheap laptop.
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
cpu family : 6
model : 15

Previously, this never happened on the kernel series 4.{10,11,12}.
After reverted commit bf22ff45bed664 on 4.13-rc2, unfortunately it still hangs when it wakes up.
Difficult to diagnose because it does not happen right away. After some time of action."

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Martin