Re: [REGRESSION 4.13-rc] NFS returns -EACCESS at the first read

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Wed Jul 26 2017 - 09:30:15 EST

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 14:57:07 +0200,
Anna Schumaker wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> On 07/26/2017 08:54 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I seem hitting a regression of NFS client on the today's Linus git
> > tree. The symptom is that the file read over NFS returns occasionally
> > -EACCESS at the first read. When I try to read the same file again
> > (or do some other thing), I can read it successfully.
> >
> > The git bisection leaded to the commit
> > bd8b2441742b49c76bec707757bd9c028ea9838e
> > NFS: Store the raw NFS access mask in the inode's access cache
> >

> > Any further hint for debugging?
>
> Does the patch in this email thread help? http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-nfs/msg64930.html

Thanks, I gave it a shot and the result looks good. Feel free to my
tested-by tag:
Tested-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>

Though, when I look around the code, I feel somehow uneasy by that
still MAY_XXX is used for nfs_access_entry.mask, e.g. in
nfs3_proc_access() or nfs4_proc_access(). Are these function OK
without the similar conversion?

thanks,

Takashi