Re: [GIT PULL] Pull request for 4.13 for IPMI

From: Corey Minyard
Date: Mon Jul 10 2017 - 13:46:07 EST

On 07/10/2017 12:12 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Corey Minyard <minyard@xxxxxxx> wrote:
https://github.com/cminyard/linux-ipmi.git tags/for-linus-4.13
Hmm.

This is signed using a completely new key.

That part is fine: the new key is 4k bits instead of the old 1k key.

But the new key is signed by absolutely nothing - not even the old key.

That makes the new key entirely pointless, and I'm not going to pull
from a github account with absolutely nothing to show that it's the
saem Corey Minyard.

Can you please at least self-sign with your old key?

Because even if you *yourself* don't trust the new key, why should I do so?

Linus

Dang it. I generated a new key to replace the old key, waiting to have it signed an such, and it defaulted to the new key. I'll do a v2 with the right key. Sorry.

-corey