Re: [GIT PULL] Char/Misc driver patches for 4.13-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jul 04 2017 - 00:52:01 EST

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 8:00 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Peter Rosin (11):
> mux: minimal mux subsystem

Hmm. The MULTIPLEXER question in the Kconfig strikes me as confusing
and of dubious value.

Can we please get rid of questions that people have basically an
impossible time answering, and instead have the drivers that want to
use CONFIG_MULTIPLEXER just add a "select" statement.

In fact it looks like we actually *have* the select statements, but
then we still ask the user about something they can't answer?

Most people will not have any kind of idea that whatever other driver
they are using wants to use the mux-core functionality..

Linus