Re: linux-next: manual merge of the devicetree tree with the sound-asoc tree

From: Sakari Ailus
Date: Wed Jun 14 2017 - 16:52:48 EST

Hi Rob,

Rob Herring wrote:
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 9:54 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the devicetree tree got a conflict in:

drivers/of/base.c

between commits:

4c9c3d595f1b ("of_graph: add of_graph_get_remote_endpoint()")
0ef472a973eb ("of_graph: add of_graph_get_port_parent()")
ac1e6958d3be ("of_graph: add of_graph_get_endpoint_count()")

from the sound-asoc tree and commit:

1df09bc66f9b ("of: Move OF property and graph API from base.c to property.c")

from the devicetree tree.

Sakari, I forgot about these other changes and the resolution is more
complex than I want to pass on to Linus. Has the branch I provided
been pulled in (I guess not since this is the first I've seen of the
conflict)? We should drop the move for now and do it late in the merge
window or post -rc1. It can be after your other changes.

Good that this came up now --- I was about to send a pull request to Rafael. :-) So no, nothing has been pulled yet that would have included the immutable branch you provided.

Regarding the fwnode cleanups through linux-pm on the dt/property-move branch --- I'm ok waiting for the next rc1.

After that I'd like to get them in for I have patches for media-tree (of which not all are mine) that in turn depend on the fwnode cleanups. There still have been surprisingly few conflicts so far.

--
Kind regards,

Sakari Ailus
sakari.ailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx