Re: [git pull] first batch of ufs fixes

From: Al Viro
Date: Mon Jun 12 2017 - 21:43:09 EST

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 05:54:06PM -0700, Richard Narron wrote:

> Earlier today I could not reproduce the OpenBSD 6.1 ufs1 fsck error after
> Linux 4.12-rc5 copy of my >2GB file using "cp".
>
> But later today I get the error when I copy using your "dd" method...
>
> In any case I always get a ufs1 fsck error after the Linux rm and rmdir.

Interesting... Could you put together an image (starting with zeroing the
device before newfs, and ideally with dd from /dev/zero to create files)
that would
a) pass fsck on OpenBSD
b) after rm on Linux fail the same
then convert it to qcow2 and publish? Or just compress it - all free and
data blocks would contain only zeroes, so any kind of compression (gzip,
bzip2, whatever) would reduce the size to something more managable...