Re: Unify the various copies of libgcc into lib

From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Date: Wed May 24 2017 - 10:00:32 EST

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 02:49:24PM +0100, David Howells wrote:
> Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > ... Unfortunately I don't actually have all these cross compilers setup...
>
> If you have Fedora, you have the following available as standard
> RPMs:

And if you need more than just the cross-compilers (e.g. libraries for
the target architecture), I recommend a Debian Stretch or newer.

Debian's Multi-Arch allows one to install libraries for the target
system onto your build system. I have used that extensively in the
past, for example to bootstrap GHC for various architectures [1].

Adrian

--
.''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' : Debian Developer - glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxx