Re: [REGRESSION next-20170426] Commit 09515ef5ddad ("of/acpi: Configure dma operations at probe time for platform/amba/pci bus devices") causes oops in mvneta

From: Sricharan R
Date: Thu Apr 27 2017 - 04:54:51 EST

Hi Joerg,

On 4/27/2017 2:14 PM, Joerg Roedel wrote:
> Sricharan,
>
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 06:15:08PM +0200, Ralph Sennhauser wrote:
>> Commit 09515ef5ddad ("of/acpi: Configure dma operations at probe time
>> for platform/amba/pci bus devices") causes a kernel panic as in the log
>> below on an armada-385. Reverting the commit fixes the issue.
>
> Any insight here? I tend to revert the patch in my tree, or is there a
> quick and easy fix?

I am checking on this manually to see what could be going wrong in the
driver. From logs i could not conclude directly. I will need some
more testing help (i will ask for) to root cause this.

Regards,
Sricharan

--
"QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation