Re: AMD IOMMU causing filesystem corruption

From: Samuel Sieb
Date: Wed Apr 26 2017 - 17:31:57 EST

On 04/26/2017 03:14 AM, Joerg Roedel wrote:
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 10:55:24AM -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 04/07/2017 03:27 AM, Joerg Roedel wrote:
Also, please try the attached debug-diff on your kernel. It completly
disables the use of ATS in the amd-iommu driver.

I applied this patch to 4.11.0 rc8 and then stress tested the laptop
with another kernel build while running graphical applications and
there appears to be no damage to the filesystem. Is there any way
to determine if ATS is enabled or disabled?

Great, thanks for testing the patch. The lspci tool should be able to
tell you whether the ATS capability is enabled on the GPU. With a
'lspci -vvv -s <GPUDEV>" should give you that info.

This test was done with the patch that always disables ATS. Which is the current patch to selectively disable it? The last patch I tried didn't seem to work.