RE: RFC: WMI Enhancements

From: Mario.Limonciello
Date: Thu Apr 13 2017 - 13:50:13 EST

The SMI based entry is already exposed using dcdbas.

The WMI version when executing a call that would be run as a SMI
will copy the buffer to an area of memory that the BIOS has already
been marked reserved to execute the SMI and copy the result out.

> TBH, I've occasionally considered writing a driver to expose SMM code
> execution on systems with a known reliable exploit :)

On Dell HW? I'm sure our security folks would be very interested in this.