Re: [RFC v3 0/5] Add capacity capping support to the CPU controller

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Wed Apr 12 2017 - 08:15:31 EST

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 06:58:33PM +0100, Patrick Bellasi wrote:
> We should consider also that at the CPUFreq side we already expose
> knobs like scaling_{min,max}_freq which are much more platform
> dependant than capacity.

So I've always objected to these knobs.

That said; they are a pre-existing user interface so changing them isn't
really feasible much.

But at the very least we should integrate them properly. Which for
schedutil would mean they have to directly modify the relevant CPU
capacity values. Is this currently done? (I think not.)