Re: [printk] fbc14616f4: BUG:kernel_reboot-without-warning_in_test_stage

From: Sergey Senozhatsky
Date: Fri Apr 07 2017 - 11:41:05 EST

On (04/07/17 17:23), Peter Zijlstra wrote:
[..]
> > we are looking at different typical setups :) serial console being 45
> > seconds behind logbuf does not surprise me anymore.
>
> That does sound like you're doing something wrong and should look at
> reducing printk() more than anything else.

yeah, 45sec is an extreme case that simply doesn't surprise me anymore ;)
that's not a normal/usual delay, of course, we are not this mad. on average
it's much better and may be not so far 2 seconds after all. a massive OOM
report, of course, appends logbuf messages at a much higher rate than UART
serial console can swallow, so the delay is getting larger, expectedly.
and, no, I don't add any printk-s, I'm looking at the lockup reports

-ss