Re: Linux 4.11-rc2

From: Konstantin Ryabitsev
Date: Mon Mar 13 2017 - 13:01:53 EST

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 09:15:21AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes. A git pull just grabbed it for me. The 'view diff' link on
kernel.org still fails with bad object, but I'm guessing that will
catch up at some point too.

Hmm. I pushed those before the announcement, so over 18 hours ago by
now. If there still is something that hasn't mirrored out, that
implies some problem rather than just a delay.

I don't see anything odd when I go to git.kernel.org, but the
outward-facing public mirrors are all geolocated, and some of that
infrastructure is new. So there might be stale DNS information, or
somethign else going on.

Adding Konstantin to the bcc to notify him. Konstantin: it apparently
took a long time for the 4.11-rc2 tag to mirror out, and there's still
some missing object going on.. I'm not sure where Josh is
geographically, which might matter for the new GeoDNS.

Yes, the EWR mirror was Not Doing The Right Thing, and has been given a stern talking-to (about an hour ago).

Sorry about that.

-K